Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: just opened

1. Back To Top    #1

just opened

waters looking good ,clear can see bottom in deep end tested as fc 2 cc .5 ph 8 ta 200 cya 0 added quite a bit of water this year. any help on what to tackle first. ch is 400 not sure about my reading on this one. thanks for any help
    19500 gal, IG, haywood s-200 sand filter & pump, 3/4 horse single speed motor, vinyl liner, tf 100 test kit, installed early 80's, Terre haute,In

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: just opened

Welcome back. Always good to refresh your memory on the TFP Pool School - Opening Your Winterized Above Ground Pool page. After that, your first order of business will be to lower the pH back to the mid 7s, add some stabilizer, and also some bleach for your FC. If you find FC dropping quickly at first, like the article says you may need to SLAM, or perhaps just keep your FC lightly elevated for a couple days. After that, resume normal recommended levels and wait for that water to warm-up.

Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: just opened

thanks , time to get busy i guess
    19500 gal, IG, haywood s-200 sand filter & pump, 3/4 horse single speed motor, vinyl liner, tf 100 test kit, installed early 80's, Terre haute,In