New to TFP, Nashville, TN

You are doing great ? see if your Walmart has 10% liquid chlorine/bleach in the pool isle, you will use less bleach, remember to change the % in pool math to 10%

I am using my phone so please excuse any spelling errors and short response. :)

This may be a stupid question but since I am getting ready to SLAM I might as well ask. My pool is actually clear. I opened it 2 weeks ago and got it looking good before I came here. So do I need to SLAM it now since I am clear or would I be better served by just adjusting the chemicals?

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks for all the encouragement! I did get 10% chlorine from Walmart so thank you Cowboycasey for that tip.

A few things will indicate that you might need to SLAM:
- CC are elevated over 0.5
- Excessive FC consumption over 24 hr period (more than 4ppm)
- Seeing ANY green or cloudiness
- Failing an OCLT

If in doubt, you can do the OCLT and it will be a good indicator.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AM testing has FC at 12.5 (goal was 20) and CC is 0-.5. Didn't test right after I put in Liquid chlorine last night and tested this morning before any sun was on the pool. Wondering if I got a batch of liquid chlorine that has been setting around for a while? Thoughts? How to proceed? Pool is clear with very minimal debris.

Measured this afternoon and FC was 13. Added the prescribed dose per the pool math page. Actually a little less but enough to bring it to FC 19. Just tested after sun was off of the pool and came up with 21.5 which is 2.5 higher than the pool math. Is there a variation where my 10% bleach could actually be stronger? I guess it really doesn't make that big of difference does it? I just need to be aware that my chlorine could possibly be higher so err on the lesser side?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support