Green Pool/Clean Pool

JimJimR

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 16, 2012
Richmond, VA
Can't say enough about what I have learned here at Trouble Free Pool! I am amazed every year when I open and see a green mess and then know it is an easy issue to overcome by a little time and perseverance.
I am thankful that I heard about this site from friends that had a bit of experience dealing with their pool. I spoke to them about keeping up with a pool and have gained a lot of knowledge and benefited from their experience and the folks on this site on how to turn a green mess to a clean pool. I have also learned that most of the issues that come up with your pool are not new, but easily corrected by the knowledge base on this site. I quickly added a few bucks to become a lifetime member as the price was recovered in the first few visits and has paid dividends every since. I have attached my little bit of proof from this year.
Thanks for all of the help you have provided.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6341.jpg
    IMG_6341.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6342.jpg
    IMG_6342.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 113
That happened the first year, but not since. I don't mind putting in the work on the front end to have the benefit on the back end.
I would love to know the secret!
Thanks,
Jim

The first secret is to open early and close late. When the water is about 60, any algae is significantly slowed down. So you open early and get the chemistry in line before it gets too warm. And you close in the fall when the water has cooled down again...but we'll tell you more steps in the fall. Deal?

Yip :flower:

I have a two speed pump so I can minimize my power cost while running deeper in the seasons. Just have a hard stop safely before freezing temps.
I usually open earlier than most in my parts at 4/1. Biggest issue would be freezing again.

You did good! How long did it take and how much bleach?

Yip will make sure you close this year the correct way and hopefully open next year to a clearer pool. She is GOOD!

Kim:cat:

I have a 36,000 gallon pool and it took 2 doses of Walmart bleach at 8.25%. Total of 14 gallons, a little bit of brushing and 3 backwashes. I learned not to buy the cheap backwash hose from Home Depot. Split on the first backwash.
It took the first weekend to get the algae to turn grey and then most of the next week to clear enough to see the main drains. I have the skimmer socks in now and am just about out of pollen season so it is a daily clean of the skimmers and putting the robot in on the weekend. Also added some 20 mule team borax to get the borats up to 50 ppm.
Now we just need the weather to cooperate to get to swimming temp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.