May 12, 2009
I have the TF test kit and have used it for years- however I basically have been using the Chlorine drop test every night to determine FC/CC- I just noticed it said to do that test weekly and do the daily test (K-1000) for Chlorine and PH..I do use the K-1000 for PH but I don't understand how to read it for Chlorine...No issue with pool water has been crystal clear since we converted from Baqua about 7 years ago.....Can some one explain the Chlorine test- I just did mine and the yellow matches up with the 3-6 color window? My CYA is at 30-40 and I maintain per the CYA chart-

The colormatching chlorine test is more of a sanity check. Unlike the pink DPD chlorine test, the yellow OTO test will not bleach out.

I use it quite a bit, but that's because I already can predict my readings with amazing accuracy after several years of testing and dosing. I know if the color is at least as deep as the highest sample, I'm good, and I can just go ahead and add the usual amount.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.