Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator up and running

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator up and running

Getting a small air leak in the 3/8 upgrade fittings (push fittings) at the shut off valve on the suction side of things. Thought it was commuting from all the air bubbles lining the interior of the tank. Thinking of using the original barb fittings. My pool had such a low demand for chlorine last year that I can probably get away with the smaller fittings. Anyone else have any issues with the upgraded fittings. Just got to get the quirks out, like anything else.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator up and running

Its not the bubbles in the tank. I'd re do the fitting in question. They come apart by pushing in if I recall correctly. If that doesn't work go by a replacement at HD or Lowes.

DO NOT SWITCH TO THE SMALLER TUBING IT DRAMATICALLY INCREASES YOUR RISK OF A CLOG.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine came with the 3/8" fittings and I have had no issues, other than at install. It was a bit tricky to get the PVC/hose clamp unions to sit flush while tightening them down. Not that difficult though.

When you say the suction side of things do you mean the pump suction side (Liquidator output) or the Liquidator suction side (Liquidator input)?
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

4. Back To Top    #4

Same size tubing just trying the original check valves and shut off valve with the barb fittings.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.