Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete pool deck, paint or stain it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Snohomish, WA

Concrete pool deck, paint or stain it?

I am new to this forum and was hoping to find some real opinions about what to put on top of my pool deck. There are hundreds of brands out there so it's hard to know what is really good. We have a large concrete area. 13 years ago when we put it in, we added a color tint to the cement before it was poured and that faded the 1st year. It's never been sealed. I want to paint it cause there are a few cracks and stains.
    any suggestions would be great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    26k gal, city water, vinyl, IG, Hayward pump, sand filter, built 2003, 16X32 3ft to 8ft. Propane heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Concrete pool deck, paint or stain it?

I do not know what people do in Washington State, or what is popular there for this sort of thing, but I have always liked what we call cool deck down here. It can be a variety of colors and It always looks nice to my eyes. Check this thread for pics of what I am using, again the color can vary quite widely. This cool deck is 13 years old and still looks great.
    14000g freeform gunite/plaster IG pool with raised spa. Hayward HCF302 Commercial 30inch 650lb sand filter with pool sand and pea gravel base, two 2hp Hayward Northstar pumps circa 2003 model SP4000Z1. One pump dedicated to the roaring waterfall and two skinny waterfall lip things. Pool built in 2003, all equipment is original except the sand filter. Replastered April 2016. Hand built test kit with Taylor reagents, new 2016.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: Concrete pool deck, paint or stain it?

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter