Salt reading showing much higher than actual level

TE619

Apr 16, 2011
I have a 13,000 gal in ground pool with a T-3 Cell. Both the cell and motherboard are 1 year old. I am showing 3600 salt, but the pool store is reading it at 2400. I had it checked again the following weekend, still 1000+ difference. I brought the cell in to be checked, it passed. I installed a new motherboard and no change. I tried to reset using the off/auto/off method, but my instant salt reading is within 100-200 of what it's showing originally. The cell previously (month or so ago) had significant build up. I did an acid wash to clean it out. I checked again, and it looks completely clean. Everything is generating with no additional lights, and the pool looks good. I'm not sure what else could be the problem.

Yes it is a T-3.
92P
AL-0
r 1.59

My concern with having it read accurately is just that I don't want the cell to not have enough salt to work. Is there a number where there's not enough salt for the cell to generate?

The numbers look good. Most likely, the store is wrong.

The TCell number should show in the diagnostic readings.

About the only way that an AquaRite can show higher than actual salt is if the Tcell type selected in setup is smaller than the actual cell. Sincethe t3 is the smallest cell, it's not possible for the salt to read higher than actual.

Get a k-1766 salt test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.