My first few posts were related to some questions I had about my new sand filter but I never took the time to properly introduce myself and my pool. This pool is a 14k gallon in ground gunite and plaster pool that was beautiful for a while, then neglected, and always filled with Tri-Chlor. All of this, coupled with the high iron content of the water we have eventually lead to rust staining throughout the pool. We tried to drain it with the intention of somehow cleaning the staining from the plaster, but eventually that did not work and the surface of the plaster cracked from the lack of water. The pool was replastered at the beginning of this month and I found this site at the same time. Thank goodness because I sped through the entirety of pool school and learned all about how the chemistry and everything works. The only part left was connecting the big bad sand filter and we are fixing to have that done this weekend. The pictures below are the result of chemistry, and gimping this system along with 10 year old cartridges(in my other post I said at least 5 but I checked the receipt).
The pool was built in 2003 and is now a nearly perfect oasis thanks to TFP! I'm going with the TFPC method and it is working fantastic so far.
I've got the labs pretty much pegged:
FC - 5
CC - 0
PH - I keep forcing it down to 7.2, since the new plaster wants to raise it.
CYA - 40
TA - 80
CH - 300
Thank you TFP, you have made this restart so darned easy!