Do Hayward 1HP superpumps always run so LOUD

just wondering.
do all pumps run so loud?

i bought house with pool and when i run the pumps (2)
they are very loud. I have 2 hayward superpumps (1hp). 1 for filter , 1 for waterfall descent
i'm redoing the fence around them so, there is currently no sound barrier.

there is no grinding sound but on scale of 1-10, the loudness factor is about an 8

thanks

When working properly, most pumps, including the SuperPump, are not all that loud. But when the bearings are starting to fail, they will usually become very loud.

Loud is relative....how close to house, what things reflect/echo the sound, your definition of "loud" etc. Having said that...I have a 1HP Superpump that is ~ 10 years old. I had a pool at my previous house that had a 2HP Pump and then 1.5 HP 2 speed pump. I would not consider my current 1HP Superpump "quiet" nor "loud"...about as loud as I would expect from a 1HP pump. If you want quiet, consider a 2 speed or variable speed pump and/or timers. I loved my 1.5HP pump on low...which was about .2 HP.

Might be a good idea to check the pressure. When a centrifugal pump is restricted, decreasing the load (water flow), it will increase rpm and become very loud.

As an example, put your hand over the nozzle of your household carpet vacuum. Does it get louder?

Most pool pumps are unnecessarily oversized. Superpumps aren't all that quiet to begin with but it shouldn't be any louder than an electric hedge trimmer.

If pressures are good then start tearing into the nuts and bolts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.