Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing pool light fixture

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing pool light fixture

I plan on DIY replacement of a pool light fixture. I was wondering how I can tell which new light fixture to get to fit our current niche, or are niche one size fits all? Does anyone have a recommendation on what light fixture they like?

Here are some pictures of the light fixture I plan on replacing. Pool Light - Album on Imgur

Thank you
    Built 1994 25k IG plaster pool with waterfall spa, 1.5 HP Standard Motor - Full Rate , Hayward S244S Sand Filter
    Polaris 380 Pool Cleaner, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing pool light fixture

You have a pac fab light. The buld probably isn't made anymore but there are replacements.

Poolcneter.com
    Sunplay.com
    Inyopools.com

All are sources. I think they all have phone numbers to call. I would also replace the gasket when you replace the bulb.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Gwegan,

I did buy a new bulb and gasket 2 years ago and the light still wouldn't turn on (Even though I did confirm the wire was getting power). So I was hoping to replace the whole unit. Are you saying since it's not made anymore there isn't a replacement fixture that would fit the current niche and I would need to replace the fixture and niche?
    Built 1994 25k IG plaster pool with waterfall spa, 1.5 HP Standard Motor - Full Rate , Hayward S244S Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Your niche is very common. I had the same one (pool built in 1984) I replaced the light with CPHVLEDS100 Jandy Pro Series Color LED Light, Large, 120V, SS, 100'.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by smracing View Post
    Your niche is very common. I had the same one (pool built in 1984) I replaced the light with CPHVLEDS100 Jandy Pro Series Color LED Light, Large, 120V, SS, 100'.
    Thanks for your reply. The LED is a little more than I want to spend. Would you think this would fit? Hayward In-Ground Pool Replacement Lights - In the Swim

6. Back To Top    #6

Yea there is a pentair light that is the replacement.

Pentair 78428100 Amerlite 120V, 300W, 50' Cord with Stainless Steel Face Ring Pool Light

This one I think
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall