Pool testing -best practice

WMS

Apr 25, 2016
Green Cove Springs,Fl.
I was watching some videos on Youtube and most say not to put spent test back in pool. And you see them throw it on the ground, my pool tech puts the waste back in the pool. he say it breaks down and filters out.

My question is who's right? what is best practice procedure for testing.

Thank you! :cool:

Doesn't matter too much but I don't throw mine in the pool. If I do test by the pool with the K-1000 kit, I dump it in the landscaping rock near the pool. All my drop-based testing gets done inside so I rinse down the drain but I'd dump that in the rocks too if I were outside. I'd rather have it breakdown in the sun light, rocks and decompose in the ground than in my pool.

While I doubt putting it back in the pool will cause any issues I would think best practice would dictate not doing that. It just strikes me as being too lazy to walk over to a grass or dirt area to dump it. I seem to recall someone on the forum a year or two ago asking a tech not to do that, he told her no that it wouldn't hurt the pool, and she fired him over it.

I haven't received my test kit yet, but was wondering what the kit says to do, I do think this tech of mine is a little lazy.
But he is the go to guy my pool company has in place for taking care of my pool the last 30 days and doing the pool school
I can't fire him, cause he is part of the package, that is free, only one more week left. So that being said I like the drain method best. I can say he is some what,reports he says he empty's the baskets and brushes the pool. Well that's not the case, Last time he was out I had to point out about the basket wasn't emptied out cause I noticed PVC debris in the basket and he never brushed the pool only the bottom were he added chemicals in deep end. He seems to know his job but I plan on taking on the job once he is done here. Here is a copy of the report he sends I tems on the check list are not done by him , I have been doing the weekly brushing, and Skim/Net Surface. He did make the nessasay adjustments to the pool chemicals,
Primary Readings
Total Chlorine3
pH **7.8
Total Alkalinity **110
Calcium Hardness **270
Cyanuric Acid30

Service Checklist
Brushed PoolYes
Emptied Pump BasketsYes
Emptied Skimmer BasketsYes
Skim/Net SurfaceYes

Thanks for your support!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.