Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Check out my chlorine pool :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Check out my chlorine pool :)

I literally came in here to show off my pool... lol. I am just really excited because we have only owned this house for 5 months, and it has been a long journey to figure out pool care. I have never had a pool before. When we first moved in, I couldn't figure out how to turn on the pump (true story). I did this all on my own, with the help of this site, my husband didn't even help, it was all me! The pool used to be a non-chlorine, copper system (Ecosmarte). Well, after reading all about Ecosmarte on this forum, I knew that wasn't the route I wanted to go, so after all the reading I did on here, the pool is now a chlorine pool, my levels are finally just about where they need to be, and the water could not look any better. The pool was a swamp a few weeks ago. I am jumping for joy over here. Oh, and this is all without going to the pool store (actually, I did go once, just to get some liquid stabilizer, but I now buy that on Amazon), and by having my trusty TF100 test kit. Oh and PSA - Target has a Cartwheel special right now, 5% off bleach, combined with my Target Red Card, I got 10% off the store brand concentrated bleach yesterday, whoo hoo!

18x36 roman shaped pool, 27K gal, well water, IG vinyl, 1 HP WhisperFlo pump, Hayward ProSeries Sand Filter S244T

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Check out my chlorine pool :)

Glad to hear everything is working out so well.

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Love the sparkle! Now the only thing to do is jump in and enjoy!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

That's some clear water you have there. Can even see the bottom drain from the shallow end!
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys!! I'm seriously doing the happy dance over here can't wait to jump in, weather is about warm enough!
    18x36 roman shaped pool, 27K gal, well water, IG vinyl, 1 HP WhisperFlo pump, Hayward ProSeries Sand Filter S244T

6. Back To Top    #6

For sure! WOW! LOVE IT!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Love love love the color !! You should be proud. And I know the feeling of doing it yourself..my hubs is clueless. He's not a swimmer and could care less about the pool.. As long as he buys and hauls the bleach I don't really care..
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Wow! What a great job you have done. We want everyone here to show off their pools like that.....amazing.

It is clear to me you have come down with a case of Sparklypoolitis.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow! You should take all the money you saved and go buy some Phos-free or Algaecide at the pool store!

Just kidding
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Beautiful pool! Great job!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Congrats! Nice pool!

Check this out.
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

Wow! Hey, look at that great badge too! Thanks for supporting TFP! Bring the
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

Congratulations and love the enthusiasm! Enjoy your dedicated efforts and restrict husband's pool access!
    12,000 Gal, InGround, Spa Attached, Satin-Matrix Northshore Tahoe Pebble-Tec, Remodel 6/15, Taylor K-2006 Kit, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Polaris 280 Sweep, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Solar Heated. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Great job! I really love these success stories. Great stuff!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

That is a NICE LOOKIN TFP CLEAR pool \o/ YAY
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Frankhugus View Post
    Congratulations and love the enthusiasm! Enjoy your dedicated efforts and restrict husband's pool access!
    LOL I know, right!??!

17. Back To Top    #17

That pool looks so nice!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter