Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How many PPM of Chlorine does T-15 put out?

1. Back To Top    #1

How many PPM of Chlorine does T-15 put out?

I've got an old Aqua Rite T-15 still hooked up from the winter and will replace it with a new one that I have from last summer when it gets warmer and I want to run the pool 8 - 10 hours a day. Right now, I'm just putting bleach in every couple of days and mixing it in the water for a couple of hours. Since nobody's going to get in with water at 74 why run it all day? After checking FC and saw that it was 0.5-1 ppm obviously needed to add some bleach. Decided I would see if the old Aqua Rite worked at all. I've been increasing the salt gradually and it is now about 3,000 ppm checking with Strips and with K-2006. Aqua Rite says it is 1,000 ppm on one side and 2,500 ppm on the other polarity. Check salt lights blinking but not solid so it is generating. I turned it on Super Chlorinate since it will stay on the good (2500) side for 24 hours I believe. I took a water sample directly from the slide where the treated water comes out with no mixing with pool water. DPD says 2.5 ppm coming from the slide. I know my salt needs to be bumped up to 3200 and it might work better and if the water was warmer it might work better. In the mean time I will add a jug of bleach.

Does anyone know approximately how much chlorine in PPM a Aqua Rite T-15 is supposed to put out under ideal conditions? I've seen the number somewhere but just can't remember. Please help.
    True L 45,000 gal Hayward IG vinyl pool. Hayward Tristar 2.40 THP; 1.5 FRHP/1.60 SF. Hayward Model # S310T2 Sand Filter. Aqua Rite T-15. Aqua Comfort 154,000 BTU Heat Pump. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How many PPM of Chlorine does T-15 put out?

1.45 pounds of chlorine gas per day running 24 hours at 100%.

PoolMath can tell you how many ppm of FC that is in your sized pool. Use the "effects of adding chemicals" section.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Approximately how many one gallon bottles of 10% bleach would 1.45 pounds of chlorine gas be? Thanks.
    True L 45,000 gal Hayward IG vinyl pool. Hayward Tristar 2.40 THP; 1.5 FRHP/1.60 SF. Hayward Model # S310T2 Sand Filter. Aqua Rite T-15. Aqua Comfort 154,000 BTU Heat Pump. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Use PoolMath to see how many bottles would add the same amount of FC as the 1.45 pounds of chlorine gas

- - - Updated - - -

Post your numbers and I can confirm
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Can you give me the answer? I've tried that and wasn't sure of the results I was getting.

6. Back To Top    #6

FYI, your pool is awfully big for just a T-15

- - - Updated - - -

What was you answer? Teach a man to fish and all that ...
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ned8377 View Post
    Approximately how many one gallon bottles of 10% bleach would 1.45 pounds of chlorine gas be? Thanks.
    1.75 gallons of 10% bleach.

8. Back To Top    #8

Way to ruin the teaching lesson, James

- - - Updated - - -

The SWG can add 3.9ppm of FC per day to your pool running at 100% 24/7
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Posted before seeing the subsequent posts, sorry.

10. Back To Top    #10

jblizzle, I told you I was having a problem figuring out the answer. What is this, some kind of test? The purpose of this group is to help, not to intimidate. I'm glad I didn't ask you what a diving board is. Thanks for the answer JamesW.

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm sure that he didn't mean it in a bad way. Just trying to show how to use the tools.

12. Back To Top    #12

Exactly, we are not here to give you every answer. We are here to teach you a method of pool maintenance.

Are you planning to ask every time you need to adjust a level?

If you learn to use the tools, you can do it yourself. To answer your first question required entering 2 numbers into PoolMath, the second question required entering the result of the first question into 1 other place ... was hoping to teach you ...
    Jason, TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

The only thing you taught me was that you have no patience for people as intelligent as you. I told you I did not understand how to do it.

14. Back To Top    #14

^jblizz, I just want to thank you for posting how to do that conversion...came up on a google search this a.m. when I was trying to estimate the daily production capacity of my new T15 in my 23k pool. Very helpful to know!!!
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

^jblizz - Thanks for the reminder. The tools are there for a reason.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir