Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Radiant Pool Construction - Looking for a Pool Financing company.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Radiant Pool Construction - Looking for a Pool Financing company.

We have created a design for our new pool and patio. Costs will be about $28-$30k. We are looking to finance $20-$25k.
    The upper deck currently exists, we plan to sink the 16'x32' radiant pool about 2' deep and build a stone patio around the pool.

The local banks have only a $5,000 unsecured loan. Even they recommend that I research national lenders and credit unions.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have the hole excavated and french drains all complete. Next step is purchasing the pool, piping, sand, concrete, pump, filter, chlorine generator, LED lights, and Pentair control. That is where about $17k is needed.

Thanks

Pool.jpg
    16*32 Radiant Metric Pool
    Pentair Intelliflow VF pump,Pentair 320 sq/ft cartridge filter
    Pentair IC-40 Chlorine Generator,Pentair Globrite LED lights
    Pentair Easytouch 4 automation, Pentair Screen Touch
    900 SQ/FT stone patio under construction.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Radiant Pool Construction - Looking for a Pool Financing company.

Welcome to the forum Egghead!

Sorry I'm no help on loan institutions, but someone will be along with some good info soon hopefully. Good luck on your project.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Swimming Pool Financing Pool Loans | Lyon Financial

LightStream - Swimming Pool Financing, Swimming Pool Loans

A simple home equity loan is best. Unless you have a tremendous FICO score and a huge income on your tax return home equity will beat an unsecured loan.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, tried the equity line, but the market has dropped and the appraisal didn't quite give me enough. So it looks like I'll apply for the 3 year Lightstream loan. The only negative is that I cant write off the interest, but that won't amount to much anyway.
    16*32 Radiant Metric Pool
    Pentair Intelliflow VF pump,Pentair 320 sq/ft cartridge filter
    Pentair IC-40 Chlorine Generator,Pentair Globrite LED lights
    Pentair Easytouch 4 automation, Pentair Screen Touch
    900 SQ/FT stone patio under construction.

5. Back To Top    #5

LightStream. I financed about half my pool through them. It was just about the simplest transaction ever. Had approval in less than 24 hours and could have had the money within just a couple of days. They also seem to have about the best rate going on unsecured.
    Completed April 2016: 22x36 3.5-5.5-4 Inground, 17,500 gallons, Aquapure SWG, Jandy 2hp Variable Speed, Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280, Aqualink PDA4, Jandy Nichless LED lights, Diamondbrite color Steel Blue, Noche Travertine Coping & Deck

6. Back To Top    #6

I used LightStream after working with multiple other options including my local bank. Lightstream focuses on very qualified low risk personal loans and I was totally satisfied with the whole process. I also like that the loan was not on my house as a 2nd mortgage. The increased interest over 3-5 years that we will be paying for this was not worth much consideration.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

I just went with lighstream as well. Took out a 25000 loan to install above ground pool. I am buying the 12 x 24 doughboy and all equipment. There is a deck and stamped concrete patio as well as the electric, tree removal, survey/too costs and so on. Our backyard will finally be usable. Got loan approval withing 24 hours for 35,000 but decided to go with an above ground the kids can use during the week as we live at the beach on the weekends so lowered the loan amount. Signed paperwork online this morning and funds were just deposited into my account. We both have over 800 credit scores and I heard they can be a pain to deal with if you do not have ideal credit. Best of lick!

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100