Need advice for on hand chemicals!

Bob Huston

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Davenport/Florida
I ordered my T-100 test kit! can you advise me as to which chemicals I need on hand to make necessary adjustments based on results! if you have advice on a good tile cleaner, it would be appreciated as well! Thank You in advance!
Bob Huston

For an SWG pool, muriatic acid is all you will likely need. It's always good to have some bleach on hand for the option of quickly increasing your FC level if needed.

You may eventually need baking soda or borax or CYA but don't go buying any of that until you've done some testing. Post your test results when your kit arrives! It's a good idea to test your fill water for just TA and CH as well... and gives you some more practice!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thank You for Your response! I feel so good, as I just cancelled my pool service! I know that I can do a better job going forward! You guys are awesome! Proud to be a member!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You for Your response, and info! Have a great weekend!

I keep 4 gallons of bleach on hand just in case. My wife uses it for laundry and just rotates them so they stay reasonably fresh. I always have some MA and a box or two of Borax. I'm lucky and have a true lazy man's pool though and rarely needs any adjusting unless I knock something out of whack myself like getting borates added :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.