Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need advice for on hand chemicals!

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Need advice for on hand chemicals!

I ordered my T-100 test kit! can you advise me as to which chemicals I need on hand to make necessary adjustments based on results! if you have advice on a good tile cleaner, it would be appreciated as well! Thank You in advance!
    Bob Huston
    13,000 Gal-14'x30'-IG-4'-5' Depth-Plaster-Hayward Ecostar V.S.Pump-Hayward C-1750 filter-SWG PS4/w T-9 Salt Cell-Hayward Heat Pump-Spa W/fountain!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need advice for on hand chemicals!

During the normal season, all my SWG pool needs is Muratic Acid.
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

For an SWG pool, muriatic acid is all you will likely need. It's always good to have some bleach on hand for the option of quickly increasing your FC level if needed.

You may eventually need baking soda or borax or CYA but don't go buying any of that until you've done some testing. Post your test results when your kit arrives! It's a good idea to test your fill water for just TA and CH as well... and gives you some more practice!

Welcome to TFP!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank You for Your response! I feel so good, as I just cancelled my pool service! I know that I can do a better job going forward! You guys are awesome! Proud to be a member!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You for Your response, and info! Have a great weekend!
    13,000 Gal-14'x30'-IG-4'-5' Depth-Plaster-Hayward Ecostar V.S.Pump-Hayward C-1750 filter-SWG PS4/w T-9 Salt Cell-Hayward Heat Pump-Spa W/fountain!

5. Back To Top    #5

I keep 4 gallons of bleach on hand just in case. My wife uses it for laundry and just rotates them so they stay reasonably fresh. I always have some MA and a box or two of Borax. I'm lucky and have a true lazy man's pool though and rarely needs any adjusting unless I knock something out of whack myself like getting borates added
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.