Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pasting photographs from Photobucket

1. Back To Top    #1

Pasting photographs from Photobucket

Am trying to post pictures from Photobucket using the paste icon. When I hit the icon, it says "Paste as plain text". I can't seem to find the procedure for post as photograph. Anyone who is far less technical challenged than me have any clues? Thanks very much.
    30 x 15; in ground; about 16,000 gallons; Diamond Brite (applied 06-2015); Hayward AquaRite salt chlorination (t-15); Hayward filter (CX900-RE/PXC-95); Century V-Green 165 variable speed motor; all located in south Florida.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pasting photographs from Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Henry M View Post
    Am trying to post pictures from Photobucket using the paste icon. When I hit the icon, it says "Paste as plain text". I can't seem to find the procedure for post as photograph. Anyone who is far less technical challenged than me have any clues? Thanks very much.
    Right above the compose box you see icons to switch to bold fonts, increase font size, insert a hyperlink, and paste an image. The image icon looks like a picture frame, I guess. Hover over each icon and it will tell you what it does. When you click it, a popup window appears. Select "from URL", paste the address in, and uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box lest you use up your allotment of space too fast.

Alternately, you can type (close up the spaces) [ img ] before the URL and [ / img ] after it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Tried both, and still only text appears, not photo. The photo I want to paste is also on my computer. I tried that, using the paste icon, and got a message saying I used up too much space. What am I missing?
    30 x 15; in ground; about 16,000 gallons; Diamond Brite (applied 06-2015); Hayward AquaRite salt chlorination (t-15); Hayward filter (CX900-RE/PXC-95); Century V-Green 165 variable speed motor; all located in south Florida.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Henry M View Post
    Tried both, and still only text appears, not photo. The photo I want to paste is also on my computer. I tried that, using the paste icon, and got a message saying I used up too much space. What am I missing?
    You used up your allotment of space posting the pictures of your stains.

You want the direct link, not all the mumbo-jumbo they put along with it. The file name should start with http and end with .jpg

Try just pasting the URL and let us look at it and see if we can make it an image.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Copy the IMG code to the right of the pic in Photobucket and paste it in your post. Don't use any of the icons in TFP. Just a straight paste.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

[IMG]http.//s446photobucket.jpg[/IMG]

The above is what I got using the Insert Image icon

7. Back To Top    #7

Many thanks for your input. OK; I hit IMG on photobucket; yellow sign indicated "copied"; but I don't know how to paste it my TFP post. Is there an additional step I need to take on the Photobucket site? Is there anything I need to do on the TFP site to paste it?

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Just right click and hit paste inside your post, check out the "how to post pictures" in my signature below
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

9. Back To Top    #9

Right click and hit paste or hit CTRL+V
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've got it. Many, many thanks to all of you for having the patience to deal with one who is severely technologically challenged.

11. Back To Top    #11

But I've another question about attachments to posts on this forum. Is there a way to delete attachments?

12. Back To Top    #12

Yes, but why? Then your old threads will not make sense to anyone that looks at it in the future.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Question. Why use photobucket? It seems to me it's easier to skip photobucket and just upload straight from your PC or tablet. That's what I do. I've never used photobucket.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

14. Back To Top    #14

Good point jblizzle; hadn't considered that perspective. To kk_isme: I tried attaching direct from my PC recently, but got a message about having used up the allotted space for attachments to a post I made last year. It appears that once you've used whatever space is allowed for attachments, that's it; you can't attach anything anymore, which creates the need to use another source, like photobucket.

15. Back To Top    #15

Because if you are not a supporter, you have very little storage space at TFP.

Although it would be best if everyone was a supporter and stored the pictures locally, so links may not get broken.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

16. Back To Top    #16

Just became a silver supporter

17. Back To Top    #17

Great! Thanks for helping us keep the lights on without advertisers.
    Jason, TFP Moderator