Opening the pool and have a jumbo crease!

JB AR

Jan 18, 2016
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Okay today the pool people came out to start the process of opening our pool. We are newbies to say the least so figured I would leave it to the pros this time. The pool had been covered but apparently there is a leak somewhere as it had lost about 3 feet of water over 7 months. When I got home they were gone but water hose was filling up the pool and I was surprised at how good the water actually looked. I walk over to the shallow end to find a giant crease that is about 4 inches tall and about 10 feet long! Am I screwed??! Any tips, education, or how to's would be most appreciated because we are totally ignorant when it comes to this (but eager to learn!). Calling pool people first thing tomorrow!

Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

It would help to know what kind of pool you have. Please fill out your signature with the details on your pool. Edit Signature

It's difficult to move a liner when the pool is full. It should have been addressed by the pool service before refilling. Much easier to move a liner when there is less water weight on it. Depending on the type of pool, you may not be able to completely get the wrinkle/crease out but should be able to make it better. If the liner is older, it is more difficult as they lose elasticity over time.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I was about to ask a similar question. I do not mean to take away from the original question... but I have 3 creases ranging from 3/8 to 1/2 tall in the deep end. Are these anything to worry about? I was wondering if my aquabot might catch on the high spots and eventually cause a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.