Haywood e-command breaker question

Hi guys, been following this forum with interest and learning alot about pool chemistry.
Im in the process of upgrading my control unit, my e- command 4 has just arrived and have a question about relay and breaker wiring.
I have filter pump 220v 9amp 1.5hp
Water fall pump 220v 9amp 1.5
Blower 220v 4amp
Heater 220v ?amp only used for heating spa when needed.
Fibre optic lights 120v

Pumps,blower and lights will go to my 4 relays.
Wondering what wiring configuration you would recommend, i was told heater doesnt need relay.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Just follow the wiring that the manual shows ;)

The heater will need its own breaker and is turned on and off by control wires to the automation system.
Each pump needs to be its own breaker as well.
Light on a GFCI breaker (or off of a GFCI outlet). This circuit may also be able to power the blower.

Wiring in the manual is pretty straight forward, just shows how to wire relays for 220v or 120v, i have to supply breakers for the box. Just wondered if i could have pump and heater from a 20amp breaker then other pump and blower on another 20amp breaker. Do lights need to be on gcfi with them being fibre optic?
Thanks for feedback

The GFCI requirement for the fiber light generator all depends on the location and how the location of it is viewed from a code perspective. As it stands now, anything in an outdoor location HAS to be on a GFCI. Pool houses, garden sheds and garages all require GFCI protection for all of its circuits. However, I did recently came across a situation with a pool house that the circuits did not need to be GFCI as it was considered living space (fully finished with heat and cooling). This somewhat dovetailed in with the GFCI codes for basements. A finished basement does not require GFCI protection in the finished area but, still does in the unfinished part. I am not able to give you the definition of what is considered finished space. My assumption for your case is,...yes, GFCI the circuit for the light.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.