overwhelmed

Apr 28, 2016
port st lucie
Hello fellow pool owners!

I have a 10 x 30 Intex easy up pool for my kiddos. A little over 1,000 gallons. It has water in it and all I have added is chlorine granules. PH and bromine reads low. I don't have a skimmer and my pump is a intex krystal clear 637R. System flow rate is 750 gph. My pol test kit is for Bromine and I heard I should do chlorine due to more staying power.

So, what next? I currently have the chlorine granules (small amount left), a stabilizer, and shock and swim that came in a kit recommended for the pool. I am planning on buying a test kit tomorrow, which is best for a small pool? 3 way? 6 way? I also seem to need a ph booster. Going to Walmart and want a list for what I should buy. Please help! :) :confused:

Don't be overwhelmed, you should use chlorine, in fact I suggest you read Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools if that does not answer your questions post back and we can help

Ike

p.s. most likely your test kit will show chlorine or bromine, there are just 2 scales to read depending on which you have in your pool If you tell us the name and model of your test kit we can confirm this

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.