Lot of work to do...

Day 5:

We can see the bottom! Just barely and only if you look sideways and squint, but it turns out that this pool does, in fact, have a bottom. I'm almost embarrassed at the amount of chlorine we've used at this point (we are pushing 40 some gallons), but I just keep thinking that once we get there, we can start living the high life of minimal chemicals and clear water. Added a little DE to the filter tonight to hopefully move the ball forward a little more quickly. I really want this to be over. The constant checking is getting wearisome. I've been through an entire DPD powder and reagent already (glad I got the XL).

Took a couple days off from updating, but not from SLAMing. We've had good progress. Water is basically as clear as I've ever seen it, CC was .5 at test this morning, but I'm still losing a lot of FC overnight. I've been vacuuming, brushing and skimming at least once, often twice each day. I can't see any obvious issues. Any ideas?

Took a couple days off from updating, but not from SLAMing. We've had good progress. Water is basically as clear as I've ever seen it, CC was .5 at test this morning, but I'm still losing a lot of FC overnight. I've been vacuuming, brushing and skimming at least once, often twice each day. I can't see any obvious issues. Any ideas?
Lights and ladders have always been likely candidates.

Think I may have found my FC demand issue?
Problem Found and Ideas needed
Water problems

Also remember that everything you've strained out of the water ended up in the filter, so it's still there even if you don;t see it in the pool. Maybe time for a deep clean to finish things.

Thanks so much! Here's the biggest change! I will get a whole-pool pic too. It's shocking to see the bottom of the deep end. I apologize for not always clearing the debris - he really has been skimming a ton. Clearly the stairs need work but we will get there.

May 4th

May 5th

May 6th

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.