Landscape Light Control

aguyindallas

Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Little Elm, TX
So, we are getting along well in the construction process and since my yard is dug up from one end to another, I think it would be a good time to run some wiring and use my Easy Touch system to control the circuit. My PB says $225.00 to install the relay for control and I know that's too much, but I went ahead and just told him to do it. I assume that my PB will just connect the relay and run the wire outside and connect it to the Intermatic Transformer that I will provide. From that point, it will become my responsibility to get the wiring from the transformer to the spot in the yard I intend to use. I planned on just running the wire in a conduit from the control box to the yard and letting them grade over it and in some areas, put decking over it.

Any holes in my plan? Any suggestions for lighting? Any tips on any of this?

You mean like this?

Wall Lights.jpg

What you want to do should work fine.. The above pic shows my pool landscape lighting which is controlled by my EasyTouch, just as you plan to do. I installed a 2" empty conduit between the equipment pad and the wall where the lights are. If I had to do it again, I'd install a couple more just for all the things I had not originally planned for.. Sigh!!

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.