Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Landscape Light Control

1. Back To Top    #1

Landscape Light Control

So, we are getting along well in the construction process and since my yard is dug up from one end to another, I think it would be a good time to run some wiring and use my Easy Touch system to control the circuit. My PB says $225.00 to install the relay for control and I know that's too much, but I went ahead and just told him to do it. I assume that my PB will just connect the relay and run the wire outside and connect it to the Intermatic Transformer that I will provide. From that point, it will become my responsibility to get the wiring from the transformer to the spot in the yard I intend to use. I planned on just running the wire in a conduit from the control box to the yard and letting them grade over it and in some areas, put decking over it.

Any holes in my plan? Any suggestions for lighting? Any tips on any of this?
    11.5K Plaster, level spa, Salt with Pentair Equipment.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Landscape Light Control

Make sure he installs the gold plated one.

What you are saying makes sense and will work.

My landscape lighting is hooked up to my irrigation remote so its basically the same. I just have to keep both remotes in the bar.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

You mean like this?

Wall Lights.jpg

What you want to do should work fine.. The above pic shows my pool landscape lighting which is controlled by my EasyTouch, just as you plan to do. I installed a 2" empty conduit between the equipment pad and the wall where the lights are. If I had to do it again, I'd install a couple more just for all the things I had not originally planned for.. Sigh!!

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks great!

11.5K Plaster, level spa, Salt with Pentair Equipment.