Heating Issue

Jun 11, 2011
I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my spa, I found it today off and the 50a breaker was tripped (not the gfci portion but the actual breaker). Had a storm the night before so I thought maybe that did it so I turned it back on and it tripped again about 5 minutes later. So I turned it back on again and started testing, also it has NOT tripped the breaker again since then and it been on for a few hrs now. I amped the motor and it's reading what the name plate shows so it's good. After it started calling for heat I checked the heater 1 and 2 to ground and the both show 120 but nothing across them. I then disconnected both leads going to the heater and I have 10ohm across the heating element and 0 to ground which makes me think the element is good. So I turned it back on without the heater connected and I then have 220 accross heater 1 to heater 2 on the board but I loose it if I reconnect the element. I replaced the board with a brand new one about 3 years ago and I thought it would have lasted longer than this but the pump and element are about 5 years old so I'm stuck at this point. Thanks.

Vita spa L50
Uses this board
L200 / L100 universal board #0460083

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.