Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heating Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Heating Issue

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my spa, I found it today off and the 50a breaker was tripped (not the gfci portion but the actual breaker). Had a storm the night before so I thought maybe that did it so I turned it back on and it tripped again about 5 minutes later. So I turned it back on again and started testing, also it has NOT tripped the breaker again since then and it been on for a few hrs now. I amped the motor and it's reading what the name plate shows so it's good. After it started calling for heat I checked the heater 1 and 2 to ground and the both show 120 but nothing across them. I then disconnected both leads going to the heater and I have 10ohm across the heating element and 0 to ground which makes me think the element is good. So I turned it back on without the heater connected and I then have 220 accross heater 1 to heater 2 on the board but I loose it if I reconnect the element. I replaced the board with a brand new one about 3 years ago and I thought it would have lasted longer than this but the pump and element are about 5 years old so I'm stuck at this point. Thanks.

Vita spa L50
    Uses this board
    L200 / L100 universal board #0460083
    Strong Pools 33X48 W/ Center Drain
    Hayward/SwimPro 250lbs Sand Filter
    Hayward 1.5 PowerFlo Pump
    AquaSmarte (Empty)
    Aqualuminator Light
    Built in top cover fountain
    Wedding Cake Steps
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Heating Issue

It may have fried the heater or it just went out... you can replace it or you can replace the whole system, people have had good luck so far with these replacement units..

Balboa Water Group - BP Retrofit Kit
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **