Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want to Replace Cleaner Port With Return Eyeball

1. Back To Top    #1

Want to Replace Cleaner Port With Return Eyeball

Is this easily accomplished? I would like to be able to swap the cleaner port back in if my robot ever needs service. The cleaner is a Pentair Racer if it matters. The Pentair is okay, but I prefer to have an eyeball there.
    Thanks!
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Want to Replace Cleaner Port With Return Eyeball

I had a port that had an eyeball in it (because it looked like a return when they replastered). Turns out, it was a capped off line that I turned into a vacuum port.

I just had to unscrew the eyeball from inside the port and screw in the adapter that the cleaner hose attaches too.

But, yours sounds like a pressure cleaner, so it may be a different setup. If you have female threads inside the port, you just need to buy and eyeball and retaining ring and put it in.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Want to Replace Cleaner Port With Return Eyeball

Okay, I will try to twist it out this weekend, thunderstorms permitting.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX