Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New plaster and using ORP and PH probes.

1. Back To Top    #1

New plaster and using ORP and PH probes.

Just had my pool replastered with wet edge luna quartz. Just completing 2 weeks of brushing with 2 week acid soak (to expose aggregate) which will be completed tomorrow. I understand that I can not salinate and use my SWCG for about 30 days, but when can the ph and ORP probes on my intellichem be utilized after the water is neutralized? Can't find no info on that on Pentair's site.

Thanks.
    " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
    19,000 gallon sylvan pool, Easytouch 2 4p automation, Screenlogic interface, Intelliflo VF 3050 pump, Intellichem with Intellichlor 40 chlorinator/Muriatic acid, Raypac millivolt natural gas heater.Polaris pool cleaner with booster pump.Coverstar automatic cover hydraulic mechanism with PCS cover. Wet edge Luna quartz finish 2016. Northeast climate.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New plaster and using ORP and PH probes.

Well, I would imagine you can start using them whenever you want, but the ORP will not actually do anything since the SWG is not installed. But, keep in mind that we generally do not recommend the use of ORP sensors, especially for outdoor SWG pools where the CYA level we recommend is higher than the ORP can generally handle correctly.

We have had many members give up on the ORP and just use the SWG in the normal % output mode which ends up being more consistent.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New plaster and using ORP and PH probes.

Thanks for your reply.

I set up the probes and all is working well.

I have to wait another week before I can set up my SWCG and add salt to the pool.

Yes the orp probes can be fussy. My pool us mainly covered, so I run a low CYA and the system has worked well for me. Thanks.
    " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
    19,000 gallon sylvan pool, Easytouch 2 4p automation, Screenlogic interface, Intelliflo VF 3050 pump, Intellichem with Intellichlor 40 chlorinator/Muriatic acid, Raypac millivolt natural gas heater.Polaris pool cleaner with booster pump.Coverstar automatic cover hydraulic mechanism with PCS cover. Wet edge Luna quartz finish 2016. Northeast climate.