Hot tub water level suddenly drops for no reason.

1raymo

Jun 24, 2013
I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I'm having an issue where seemingly out of no where, my hot tub water level will drop lower than the water level of the pool.
For instance, just now, water levels were even between the pool and hot tub. I backwashed the pool and the only valve I messed with was the backwash plunger. After that, I returned the pump to normal and noticed a drop in the hot tub water level. Keep in mind, this is not the only instance where this will happen. It also happens after other random times when I'm adjusting a valve or maybe even just turning the pumps off an on.

Welcome to TFP!

Three years until your first post! See you again in 2019! :mrgreen:

Add your pool info to your sig, something might be helpful diagnosing this problem. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

Are they at the same level normally? If not, it could be a bad check valve. If yes, then a valve might be leaking, sticking or not fully opening or closing each time.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking it had something to do with one of the Jandy valves.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! I've been a lurker for a while, but I think I'm here for good now. After 8 years of owning my pooI finally kicked my pool guy to the curb.

Yes, most of the time the pool and hot tub are the same level, until this weird thing happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.