Pat on the back or more work needed?

Oct 11, 2015
Winter Park, FL
Six months into the TFP method, a few struggles here and there with CYA and TA, but I think I'm getting to cruise control levels. Tell me what you think:

FC: 3.9
CC: .5
pH: 7.6
TA: 70 (down from 130)
CA: 230
CYA: 20

My CYA used to be well over 200, but with water replacement and several big rains, I've gone too far the other way. I currently have 3 trichlor pucks in an auto feeder to try to raise CYA, which is also helping maintain the FC and pH. Thanks to all who have helped.

Not bad. As you already noted - low CYA. Raising that CYA a bit now that the sun is getting higher on us is a good idea. The pucks may take a little time, so be careful. If you have to, grab some granule stabilizer for quicker results. Perhaps keep it about 40 ppm for now and keep your FC in the 4-6 range. Remember pucks are acidic so they will tend to drive down pH and TA as well. Good work on the TA! Since your CC is right on the upper edge, you might want to run your FC a little stronger for a day or two (about 6-8 ppm) just to help kick what ever is in there trying to get oxidized. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.