Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pat on the back or more work needed?

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter Park, FL

Pat on the back or more work needed?

Six months into the TFP method, a few struggles here and there with CYA and TA, but I think I'm getting to cruise control levels. Tell me what you think:

FC: 3.9
    CC: .5
    pH: 7.6
    TA: 70 (down from 130)
    CA: 230
    CYA: 20

My CYA used to be well over 200, but with water replacement and several big rains, I've gone too far the other way. I currently have 3 trichlor pucks in an auto feeder to try to raise CYA, which is also helping maintain the FC and pH. Thanks to all who have helped.
    ~12,000gal. plaster, in-ground pool; Hayward cartridge filter; 1hp pump; Use Taylor 2006 kit w/ Speed Stir.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Pat on the back or more work needed?

Not bad. As you already noted - low CYA. Raising that CYA a bit now that the sun is getting higher on us is a good idea. The pucks may take a little time, so be careful. If you have to, grab some granule stabilizer for quicker results. Perhaps keep it about 40 ppm for now and keep your FC in the 4-6 range. Remember pucks are acidic so they will tend to drive down pH and TA as well. Good work on the TA! Since your CC is right on the upper edge, you might want to run your FC a little stronger for a day or two (about 6-8 ppm) just to help kick what ever is in there trying to get oxidized. Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Nice work! Looking good! Definitely increase your CYA to 40-50.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tallahassee, FL

Got to love FL rain for this reason! LOL

A pat on the back! You have been working on your numbers and know what needs to be done! SWEET!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!