pump or motor dead?

I just realized today that my pump hasn't been running the last few days. What I can hear is a click sound like the motor try to start but it get shut off immediately. Looks like I need a new motor. How do I know which motor if compatible with what I have?

Brand: Emerson
Model R63CXDRS-250
Volts: 208-230
HZ 60
SF.AMPS 13.4-12.0/3.8-4 PH1

Other # 2.70/.33 THP: 2.5/.30 MRHP/1.10 SF

From what I know, I need one with 1 HP, am I right?

There may be something stuck in the pump impeller or it could be as simple as a bad capacitor. If you are not experienced at pumps and troubleshooting you may want to call an independent pool store. I suspect that they will be happy to come out and troubleshoot your pump.. Call a couple and see which one has the better price and makes you feel most conformable. Much less expensive than a new pump.

What do you mean it gets shut off immediately? Does the breaker trip or what happens? How does it come back on?[/QUOTE
It runs on timer so I can hear a click sounds that it tried to turn on but never get started. I manually tried to get it running and it makes the same sound. Should I take it out to check for problem? The motor has been running fine for the last 7 years. I don't mind replacing it but just want to make sure if the it is the problem. If I need a new pump, what is the most important spec that I need to look at to make sure it is compatible with my pump. For now, I think my pump is 1 HP, is that the only thing I need to look for?

There may be something stuck in the pump impeller or it could be as simple as a bad capacitor. If you are not experienced at pumps and troubleshooting you may want to call an independent pool store. I suspect that they will be happy to come out and troubleshoot your pump.. Call a couple and see which one has the better price and makes you feel most conformable. Much less expensive than a new pump.

Sorry, I think it is the Motor, that is that one making the click sound and shuts off. I think I just need a new Motor as that is what it sounds like. Also do you know if the following kits will work with my pump?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VTGSUM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687462&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000P0O17S&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11XC05B1070GG02HPVT1

As I am replacing the motor, I might as well replace the seals or should I just wait? TIA.

I decided to take the motor out for service, before I show it to Leslie Pool, how do I know which motor is compatible with my pump? Attached is my current motor.
View attachment 47297

Got a quote from Leslie Pool:
Highspeed is not working but low speed seems to be ok. A replacement with the following will cost about $450:
- Motor (single speed), 2 speed not instock and don't have a price until Monday
- Diffuser
- Shaft Seal
- Impeller Ring
Is the price reasonable?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.