Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intelliflo LCD screen backlights and buttons work, but nothing on Display

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intelliflo LCD screen backlights and buttons work, but nothing on Display

Hi-jacked someone else's thread yesterday, figured I should start my own instead. I have the 011018 Intelliflow, just out of warranty (of course). Pump works fine, but after a power outage a month or two ago, the timer reset, and I have nothing on my LCD screen. All the buttons work, and the backlight on the screen is illuminated, but there are no words/images on the screen. I can still turn it on, and switch pump speeds, but cannot program or see anything.

I read the other threads dealing with loose contacts on the LCD screen, but when I went to take the screws off, I realized to get to the back of the LCD, I need the specialized hex screws on the wider plate for the pump. The three phillips only take off the outer case, and the PCB etc are below the rubber seal. I don't want to break the rubber seal, so I guess I need a specialized screw head to remove the screws?

Any suggestions appreciated
    Thanks,
    Joel20160428_123045[1].jpgLCD panel Pentair.jpg
    Carlsbad, CA
    17,500 gal rectangular Midnight blue Quartzscape, Pentair Intelliflo, Poolstore Vergnugen, Aquarite Salinator renovated 2016 Spring

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Intelliflo LCD screen backlights and buttons work, but nothing on Display

I've had the same thing happen with my pump a few times over the last couple of years. Each time it has self-corrected with a simple cycle of the power. I did see the thread you mentioned as well and anticipate having to open my panel up in the near future for a look.
    Anthony 16,000 Gallon Oval, White plaster, 30' Long 15' Wide 5 1/2' Deep end 3 1/2' shallow end.
    Pentair Intelliflo, FNS Plus 60sf. DE, Pentair Intellibrite 5G
    TF100 Testkit