Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New (or soon to be!) Build - Humble, Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

New (or soon to be!) Build - Humble, Texas

Hi! I've been reading this cite for quite sometime and am now finally able to post! Signed our contract a few weeks ago and are now waiting on HOA approval to get on the dig schedule. I'm sure I'll need lots of help along the way. I'll post what I know so far (and I know I don't have as much detail as I should have being that contract signed and deposit paid, but that's why I'm coming to the experts here!). Please have patience - first pool build ever - super excited and nervous!!

Free form 40 x 18 with 8ft round raised (12 inches) spa.
    31 ft. raised beam in back (12 inches) faced with ledgstone and topped with 4 deck jets
    31 ft. finger ledge along beam
    White satin pebble sheen (though I'm interested in adding the luminous blue glass beads)
    Variable speed pump - VST-2
    Rainbow 320 Ozone system - sodium tetraborate/ozone generator
    400,000 BTU heater - Jandy. all other equip Pentair I believe.
    pool cleaner: Racer w/ pump
    beach entry - 60 sq feet with quartzite - two bubblers
    golden plains quartzite coping (4 x 12)
    standard waterline time
    spray deck decking on new and existing patio
    PB will repair grass and sprinkler (my way of hoping they have incentive to not make a huge mess!)

tried to upload the PDF of the plan, but its too big. I'll have to figure out uploads soon!

Right now just seeking general advice before we dig the hole!!

Assuming HOA responds soon and good weather - hoping for a mid-May dig.

Thanks
    Nina
    BUILD Complete - July 2016. 18 x 40 IG, with 8 ft round spa, VST-2 pump, 400,000 btu heater, Rainbow 320 chlorination, all pentair equip, white satin pebblsheen with blue luminous glass beads! Atlantic onyx travertine coping and split face, 4 deck jests along 12 inch raised back beam, Siberian haze spray decking...and TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New (or soon to be!) Build - Humble, Texas

OH what fun! We LOVE helping spend other people's money!

Please do some searches in the search box (upper right side) to find out if you REALLY want the Ozone system (hint-nope).

So how did you talk the PB into including the grass and sprinkler in the contract?? NICE move! I like you way of thinking!

Try using photo bucket to link using the IMG code. That is what quite a few use. We LOVE pictures!

Kim:
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Howdy Nina! Welcome to TFP, glad you found us

One thing we don't recommend is the use of Ozone/UV systems on outdoor pools. Why pay for UV when the sun is a free provider? They do have a use in indoor pools though, yet both indoor and outdoor pools will require supplemental chlorine so why bother with the device in the first place??? Pucks that contain chlorine also contain other often unwanted ingredients so we say to use them only occasionally if at all.

We promote the use of liquid chlorine (either from the pool store or using regular ole bleach from H.E.B.) or salt water generators.

Please let us help in any way we can, we're simply volunteers who love our pools and want you to love yours too!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi, okay thank you for the good information already!

I asked for the ozone generator because I thought it was a good alternative to SWG. My sister completed her pool build last year (she's not on TFP.. that I know of!) and she was swayed away from SWG because of corrosion etc so she got the ozone system and we've really enjoyed her pool not having that "chlorine" smell or feel. She's also not one to do a lot of things herself, but she has managed (thus far) to maintain the pool on her own with beautiful clear clean water.. I asked her if it was hard to do on her own and she said no because the ozone system has made it easy... soo.. that's why I asked for it. It seems I have some further research to do.

We met with 4 different builders. 2 really promoted salt, 1 liked the ozone, and 1 was OK with either but said they wouldn't do salt unless we signed all sorts of waivers. ...

my goal is to have a pool I'm able to manage myself and not have to pay someone weekly to come out and check it! The husband would not be happy about that extra expense!!

Thanks!
    BUILD Complete - July 2016. 18 x 40 IG, with 8 ft round spa, VST-2 pump, 400,000 btu heater, Rainbow 320 chlorination, all pentair equip, white satin pebblsheen with blue luminous glass beads! Atlantic onyx travertine coping and split face, 4 deck jests along 12 inch raised back beam, Siberian haze spray decking...and TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Love new builds! Hello there neighbor!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Wendy! Your build is one I really enjoyed reading! Loved the beach entry for the pups! I'm excited to get this thing started and start getting some photos up! Right now I can't even figure out how to post the drawing of the pool. But I'm at work and the firewalls block most everything - so hopefully from home I'll be able to get that up. Right now I'm busy researching ozone systems! oh.. and working.

7. Back To Top    #7

LOL "oh...and working" LOVE IT! You will fit right in around here!

We can AND will help you maintain your pool on your own. All my husband does is swim and brush the sides. Both of which I can do but he has to do something to earn his keep! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Lol, I'm still surprised I didn't get fired during my build!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

9. Back To Top    #9

ok- trying to see if this works. This is our current plan. If all goes well we should be on the dig schedule in the next two weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Yay! It worked! Okay, I'll post more pics once they do the layout next week. Based on research thus far we will likely ditch the ozone, and we'll only fall back on the chlorinator pucks when traveling. Once the build starts I'll welcome all comments! This website has been so educational. I'll be ordering my test kit soon and asking lots of questions along the way.

Excited to see all the builds going on right now!

10. Back To Top    #10

Love the curves, nice!!
    ~Wendy

11. Back To Top    #11

I love all of it! I like how there is the bench on the other end that can be used as a step to get out if needed and the bench by the spa to sit and chat with those in the spa. What fun!

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Well - we finally have HOA approval. If the weather cooperates (and it's doubtful it will!) we may be digging on Monday. BASICALLY ALL OF MY SELECTIONS WENT OUT THE WINDOW - because the quartzite that was supposed to be the coping, ledge stone, and beach entry cannot be found at any stone yards in the state of Texas (and that's where my budget draws the line) ... So we met with the builder today and made some modifications (no more beach entry) and are back to full speed ahead. Below are some before pics and the selections and the pool drawn out in the grass (in blue so it's almost impossible to see!). Can't wait to get started!!!

13. Back To Top    #13

Those pavers are fabulous!
    ~Wendy

14. Back To Top    #14

Nice selections and I hope the weather cooperates for a dig this coming week!
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

15. Back To Top    #15

That is the purrfect placement for the pool! LOVE it! Your picks are SO pretty!

What will you have in place of the beach entry?

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks guys!

Firehunter - I showed a picture of your spa to my PB - but just got the pricing back to do that upgrade rounded top and wowza! It's beautiful, but we'll have to pass on it bc I'm trying to get my husband to agree to add the luminous beads to our pebblesheen - have to pick my budget battles!

have a great weekend!

17. Back To Top    #17

They're here, they're here! Finally dig day!! Will post more pics once they finish digging ...

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

I love the pictures of the kiddos watching from their chairs like they are the site supervisors!! My grandkids loved seeing the excavators but they had to do it from inside through the windows.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

19. Back To Top    #19

What a cute picture of the little ones peeking around the corner! You will have the best summer ever!! My only regret with our build is we didn't do it sooner. Our kids are 13 and 7-year old twins. The girls have been swimming almost every day since mid March!!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Nina03 View Post
    They're here, they're here! Finally dig day!!

]
    I vote THIS picture "The Picture of the Year!" LOVE it!

Kim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast