Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Paramount PCC2000 - Tip - Gasket Stretched on Opening Dome/Valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Paramount PCC2000 - Tip - Gasket Stretched on Opening Dome/Valve

Hi,

If you need to remove the top dome from a PCC2000 system to access the valve, you MAY want to ensure you have a replacement gasket on hand. A gasket costs about 12 bucks.

I just opened mine for the first time in a year or 2 and found the gasket had somehow stretched by at least an inch. It just will not fit back in the groove to allow the dome to be replaced.

I have opened the dome a couple times previously over the last 10 years without changing the gasket. This is the first time the gasket has stretched.

So... I am now in a holding pattern waiting for another gasket to arrive before I can run the cleaner.

If I had known I would have ordered the gasket to be on-site before opening the dome.

HTH,

ft.
    ~22,000 gallons, freeform, Pebbletec, beach entry AquaRite SWCG v1.33 Hayward Tristar SP325EE pump for main draw & skimmer Hayward sand filter S310S 1.5 hp booster pump Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaner, skimmer, debris containment canister Waterfall Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED light in Pentair stainless wet niche Jandy Lite2 heater: removed Auto-fill: deactivated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Paramount PCC2000 - Tip - Gasket Stretched on Opening Dome/Valve

Thanks, maybe this will help someone down the line.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Paramount PCC2000 - Tip - Gasket Stretched on Opening Dome/Valve

No prob.

I have no idea what would make a gasket stretch like that.

Paramount do mention in one of their support videos, "replace the gasket if it is stretched or worn".

ft.
    ~22,000 gallons, freeform, Pebbletec, beach entry AquaRite SWCG v1.33 Hayward Tristar SP325EE pump for main draw & skimmer Hayward sand filter S310S 1.5 hp booster pump Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaner, skimmer, debris containment canister Waterfall Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED light in Pentair stainless wet niche Jandy Lite2 heater: removed Auto-fill: deactivated