Skimmer weir door replacement

Mar 25, 2014
Florida
Hello

I just noticed after 3 years with the pool that came with my house that the skimmer has no weir door but has two pins (not holes) to mount one (it’s been that way since I moved in).

I anywhere I can get a replacement?

Skimmer opening measurements: 8 ¼ wide by 6 ¼ high.

Thanks

Help!

This wreck of a property came with Sta-Rite pump and filter.
The skimmer is a weird little thing - two holes on the bottom - one to the pump and the other to the (single) floor drain.

There are, of course, no markings that I've found. The skimmer trim ring is broken (concrete not level) and the weir has neither holes nor pins for a hinge.

What I'm hoping:
Where the door should be, there is a single SS screw in the center of the bottom flange.
A quick scan of skimmer parts makes me suspect it is a Starite Swimquip U3 Skimmer, installed cheaply without the extension.

The opening is gunnite with tile well into the opening (where the sliding extension should be). Looking at various sites, it seems the Pentair version of the U3 is not at all like what I've got.

TL;DR Version:
Can someone point me to the right source based on the frame with a single screw at the bottom?

Are there universal doors which can be attached to a 1/2" frame around the mouth? I haven't yet measured the opening or the frame.

This is the site which makes me think U3: Starite Swimquip U3 Skimmer Parts On Halogen Supply Co., Inc..

As always, thanks!

The part number for the OEM Weir door for your U3 skimmer is:

http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-08650-0022-Sta-Rite-Skimmer-Assembly/dp/B0037F37VO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

This Weir consists of the door and a hinge. The hinge is attached to the skimmer using one screw in the middle of the hinge (the screw you described in your post). The hinge rests on a couple of hooks so after you remove the screw you have to lift the hinge straight up to clear the hooks. I ordered one of these to replace the missing door in my U3 skimmer, but because of my bad back I could not install this door. I could not hold the door and at the same time try and start the little screw. So what I did was send the door back and then purchase a universal Weir door that all you have to do is hold the door in place and then pull out two pins that release spring powered pins that hold the door in the skimmer.

The universal door I purchased was this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-B8550-Skimmer-Replacement-Swimquip/dp/B004K2NJMA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The universal door works great and was easy for me to install. Hope this information helps you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The door will separate from the hinge if the hinge in flexed enough to release it. If you try to snap the door onto the old hinge while the hinge is attached to the skimmer you will likely break one of the tabs. Just undo the the screw and remove the old hinge. Hopefully you are more flexible than I am and can install the new door with hinge attached.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.