Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slamming process works!

1. Back To Top    #1

Slamming process works!

Opened my pool up a week and half ago. Was a green swamp this year after taking the cover off. I started the slamming process and within 7 days I now have a beautiful clear pool! With a little time and patience it will eventually clear up. Just wanted to let people know that the slamming process does indeed work. It's cheaper than running to the pool store and having them sell you chemicals that are A) expensive and B) probably wont help or cause more issues. Just wanted to let people know that if you read the forums, and ask questions, the people on here will help you out. It is so much cheaper when you buy the proper testing kit (TF-100) and just use regular bleach or liquid chlorine rather than running to the pool store when every little issue arises. Thanks for all the help, as I am sure I will be back with other questions as they arise.
    12k gallon inground pool with vinyl liner. Sandfilter, hayward 1.5 hp pool pump. Pool is approx 15 yrs.old. Liner is four years old. TF100 testing kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slamming process works!

Kevin, TFP Believer & Supporter
    (Yup, I drank the pool water)
    13.5K gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl, TF-100 Test Kit
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200 SqFt Hayward Element Filter
    Recommendations: Pool School, TFTestkits & Pool Math

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

That is awesome, thanks for letting everyone know
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

So glad you stuck to it and it worked for you. Great feeling when YOU accomplished it with the right tools.

Now how about CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! to help us keep the lights on around here! We don't have advertising on this site and I'm sure the owners would LOVE to keep it that way so satisfied users who contribute is the only way to do so.

Thanks for the encouraging post!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

We know!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    Opened my pool up a week and half ago. Was a green swamp this year after taking the cover off. I started the slamming process and within 7 days I now have a beautiful clear pool! With a little time and patience it will eventually clear up. Just wanted to let people know that the slamming process does indeed work. It's cheaper than running to the pool store and having them sell you chemicals that are A) expensive and B) probably wont help or cause more issues. Just wanted to let people know that if you read the forums, and ask questions, the people on here will help you out. It is so much cheaper when you buy the proper testing kit (TF-100) and just use regular bleach or liquid chlorine rather than running to the pool store when every little issue arises. Thanks for all the help, as I am sure I will be back with other questions as they arise.
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^ Is why I do what I do! THANKS! It gave me a big smile!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

awesome! glad you got it together. if not fir tfp we all would be broke.

Intex 18/52 pool at 7000 gsllons.
    vinyl sift sided pool
    intex 1500 gph sand filter and intex swg at 1500 gph.
    vinyl soft sided pool
    intex 1500 gph sand filter and intex swg at 1500 gph.