Good info on SWG's

Funny that they don't list the chlorine production rates for the Pentair IntelliChlor's. They are easily found in the IC owners manual -

IC-15 0.6lbs/day
IC-20 0.7lbs/day
IC-40 1.4lbs/day
IC-60 2.0lbs/day

But that is a good summary chart.

I use that comparison chart to get the amount of chlorine each system can make in a day.

Most of the other comparisons are mostly marketing to push you towards CircuPool and those systems are not on my list of units to buy.

I almost always recommend Circupool, they are great value if you want a basic system. There have been some problems with them but no more than the expensive ones :)

I almost always recommend Circupool, they are great value if you want a basic system. There have been some problems with them but no more than the expensive ones :)

Agree to disagree, but when a major online retailer has stopped selling their products, I have trouble recommending that product. With all the issues that I have seen on this board alone, I know it is not just a retailer not having good relations with the manufacturer. See this link, Compupool and why PoolSupplyWorld is no longer Carrying the Brand - PoolSupplyWorld Blog.

I am glad to provide some insight here; CircuPool products have not been associated in any way with CompuPool since the fall of 2012. As a side note, some of the "look alike" units out there being marketed as "identical to popular CircuPool units" are indeed made by CompuPool and do not have one single common component with the (in my opinion) very reliable, high-quality units that bear the official CircuPool trademark. We urge all prospective buyers to thoroughly research any brands considered, including the company's historical propensity to honor it's warranty commitments.

Thanks for clearing up the brands and the relationships. CircuPool would have been better off by completely changing their name so in no way anyone would have associated the brands any longer.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a SWG. I was set on the Hayward Aqua Rite T15, is the circupool a better choice? Price and warranty is better? I just bought a Intelliflo VS pump, no automation. I need a SWG and want to get it right. approximately a 15K in ground pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.