Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good info on SWG's

1. Back To Top    #1

Good info on SWG's

I am not saying to buy from this website or have I ever bought from them but in my research on SWG's I came across this chart. Although not 100% perfect it does help a lot in deciding which brand you might want to go with.

http://www.discountsaltpool.com/Salt...Comparison.php

I see a lot of post from folks asking which one to buy(including me) so I thought it might help.
    30' round Swip N Play Islamorada above ground pool with Hayward Pro Series 220T sand filter, 1HP Hayward Super pump, and Hayward SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good info on SWG's

Funny that they don't list the chlorine production rates for the Pentair IntelliChlor's. They are easily found in the IC owners manual -

IC-15 0.6lbs/day
    IC-20 0.7lbs/day
    IC-40 1.4lbs/day
    IC-60 2.0lbs/day

But that is a good summary chart.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

I use that comparison chart to get the amount of chlorine each system can make in a day.

Most of the other comparisons are mostly marketing to push you towards CircuPool and those systems are not on my list of units to buy.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I almost always recommend Circupool, they are great value if you want a basic system. There have been some problems with them but no more than the expensive ones
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    I almost always recommend Circupool, they are great value if you want a basic system. There have been some problems with them but no more than the expensive ones
    Agree to disagree, but when a major online retailer has stopped selling their products, I have trouble recommending that product. With all the issues that I have seen on this board alone, I know it is not just a retailer not having good relations with the manufacturer. See this link, Compupool and why PoolSupplyWorld is no longer Carrying the Brand - PoolSupplyWorld Blog.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

All of the major manufacturers who sell in the US are listed on NSF's website. NSF does third party testing of the cells so they can be used in public/commercial applications. Here is a helpful link with the 3rd party results: Listing Category Search Page | NSF International
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

7. Back To Top    #7

I am glad to provide some insight here; CircuPool products have not been associated in any way with CompuPool since the fall of 2012. As a side note, some of the "look alike" units out there being marketed as "identical to popular CircuPool units" are indeed made by CompuPool and do not have one single common component with the (in my opinion) very reliable, high-quality units that bear the official CircuPool trademark. We urge all prospective buyers to thoroughly research any brands considered, including the company's historical propensity to honor it's warranty commitments.
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    Agree to disagree, but when a major online retailer has stopped selling their products, I have trouble recommending that product. With all the issues that I have seen on this board alone, I know it is not just a retailer not having good relations with the manufacturer. See this link, Compupool and why PoolSupplyWorld is no longer Carrying the Brand - PoolSupplyWorld Blog.
    I am recommending Circupool not compupool
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for clearing up the brands and the relationships. CircuPool would have been better off by completely changing their name so in no way anyone would have associated the brands any longer.

10. Back To Top    #10

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a SWG. I was set on the Hayward Aqua Rite T15, is the circupool a better choice? Price and warranty is better? I just bought a Intelliflo VS pump, no automation. I need a SWG and want to get it right. approximately a 15K in ground pool.
    ~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

11. Back To Top    #11

Good info on SWG's

Removed
    ~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump