Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cheap, Temparary Vac for IG pool

1. Back To Top    #1

South East USA

Cheap, Temparary Vac for IG pool

My in-floor cleaning system is resting while I wait another week or so for some parts to come in the mail.

I do have some debris in the deep end (mostly introduced by my spaniels), plus some pollen residue. It's not a lot but I'd like to vac it up rather than wait for the parts for the cleaner.

I have never vacuumed the pool before because of the in-floor system.

Is there an inexpensive vac from either Walmart of the small lps you can recommend?

I do have a hose and a pole already - perhaps i should just send a child in with the hose?

~22,000 gallons, freeform, Pebbletec, beach entry AquaRite SWCG v1.33 Jandy Lite2 heater 1.5 hp pump for main draw, skimmer and Hayward sand filter 1.5 hp booster pump for Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaner, skimmer, debris containment canister, and waterfall Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED light in Pentair stainless wet niche Auto-fill deactivated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cheap, Temparary Vac for IG pool

Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Cheap, Temparary Vac for IG pool

If the hose fits into the skimmer and you already have a pole, just go to Lowes or Home Depot or even the <gasp> pool store and pick up a head for twenty bucks.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!