Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ideas to finish water line - top of Hybrid pool wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Ideas to finish water line - top of Hybrid pool wall

Looking for ideas to finish the water line of fiberglass wall...
    - Last summer, new pool deck patio was installed with cantilever edge coping on top of the wall (attached picture).
    - Required us to remove the old rubber coping that covered the top of the fiberglass wall and metal strip (attached picture).
    - I have ran out of options to finish the top of the wall to cover that metal strip that secures the wall.

- Considered a frost proof tile option (with silicone based mortar/grout), but metal strip won't allow flat tiles to virtually eliminate tile options.
    - Wondering if there would be any kind of waterline (rubber, vinyl?) covering/strip that I could silicone on...and be able to cover that metal strip. Maybe silicone on the top waterline strip from an old liner? but I have no clue of what profile of top of liner is.
    - Original objective was to also add color, but now just wanting a practical/clean solution.

Stumped......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25K gallon in ground, 16'x32' oval hybrid pool (3' fiberglass wall with gunite floor - skimcoat refurb before 2002). Single 20' skimmer, 30' main drain, 1 return.
    Sand filter. (No other water features). 1.5. Pentair variable speed pump #3420011 on 120v, 2009 Re-gel coated walls with uglassit, 2015 New pool deck patio, 2016 Applied Pool Border around water line.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ideas to finish water line - top of Hybrid pool wall

Giving you a bump to the top I. Hopes someone can offer some suggestions. Good luck on your project, and welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ideas to finish water line - top of Hybrid pool wall

After exhausting any tiles options with contractors, I went with last resort of a water line border and am very happy with the results...to add color and hide metal strip. Got lucky on design to be able to cut it (and cost) in half and larger tile is on strip. Adhered pretty well and ran a bead of silicone across the top...hoping to get 3-4 years out of it.
    Mardi Gras 9 Inch x 10' Feet Packborder.jpg
    25K gallon in ground, 16'x32' oval hybrid pool (3' fiberglass wall with gunite floor - skimcoat refurb before 2002). Single 20' skimmer, 30' main drain, 1 return.
    Sand filter. (No other water features). 1.5. Pentair variable speed pump #3420011 on 120v, 2009 Re-gel coated walls with uglassit, 2015 New pool deck patio, 2016 Applied Pool Border around water line.