Intex pool 20' wall skimmer question

Jun 14, 2015
PW virginia
My husband and I have an intex pool from last year. We already have it opened and ready to go for this season. We want to install a through wall skimmer in the pool but the question we have is that the pool has two inlets that connect to the pump that clean the pool. We have a sand pump connected. First off we aren't sure what would be the best way to plug both of those holes once we have the new skimmer in place. Both holes are far down on the pool and are both next to legs of the pool. So we can't use either for the wall skimmer. I hope this makes sense.
imagejpeg

That is a good idea to keep one of the ports for vacuuming or for a suction cleaner so that the skimmer can still work. I think I would do that and use the other as an additional return jet.

Why would you not want the added circulation by using them?

If you want to cap them off, there are threads that describe how to convert to PVC pipe/fittings instead of the hoses and then you could just cap them.

I suggest connecting one of the outlets to the skimmer/pump with a T and some valves. That way you can adjust the suction and also make sure the pump never runs dry, even if the skimmer becomes empty due to water loss. The other should be used as an extra return to improve circulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.