Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool, just filled, but equipment not started up

1. Back To Top    #1

Cypress, Texas

New pool, just filled, but equipment not started up

Just filled the pool yesterday, start up guy never showed!
    PB told me to add Jacks Magic Magenta and brush the pool, which I did.

I then tested the water for FC. Not suprised there wasn't any
    PH was 8.2+
    CH 175
    CYA wasn't tested since I haven't added any
    TA for some reason didn't work. I'll have to try again

Anyway I added 50 oz 8.25% bleach and brushed again.

Unfortunately the filtration isn't working yet so I'm not sure what else to do...
    Should I add MA, or should I wait until after equipment start up?
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    East of Royals country western MO

Re: New pool, just filled, but equipment not started up

Hello, yes I would wait until you can run the pump and filter to keep things mixing well. Adding acid without circulation would let the acid sit on the bottom. Adding SOME bleach is okay as it will give you some FC, but don't go overboard till your up and running
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

I would refer to the TFP Pool School - Start-up New Plaster page just to get up-to-speed, but don't take much action without the consent of your builder. The builder has an inherent responsibility to assist with your start-up ... at least to a point, then turn it over to you with specific instructions to go forward. I would recommend continued attempts to clarify those responsibilities to ensure you maintain the PB's plaster warranty. Also, keep good notes on everything they say, do, or don't do.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Agreed, push your PB to get the equipment running and what their plan is for plaster start up. It is difficult to start up and maintain a pool without the pump/filter running.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach