Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you help me ID this part from my spa jets?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you help me ID this part from my spa jets?

Thanks for looking! Pics attached.

We recently purchased a home with a pool that was built in the 1990s. I noticed that one of the spa jets has a ton of flow while the others have very little, and we don't get bubbles from any of the jets.

I drained the spa a bit, pulled out the eyeballs, and saw that the jet with a lot of flow was missing a nozzle deep within the body that was present in all the others. I used a 1/2" socket on a long extension to pull one of the nozzles out of the other jets so I could get a good look at the part. I'm thinking that if I could find one more of these nozzles I could drop it in and I'd have relatively even pressure from all the jets and the venturi might start working again.

Any idea who made the pictured nozzle? My google-fu isn't getting me any good results... there's no markings on the nozzle that I can see, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Anyone seen one of these before?

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can you help me ID this part from my spa jets?

Can you do us a favor an add your city and state to your profile as it helps us deliver better answers to questions asked. From your IP address you appear to be in Florida but we really like it a little closer than that.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Can you do us a favor an add your city and state to your profile as it helps us deliver better answers to questions asked. From your IP address you appear to be in Florida but we really like it a little closer than that.
    Done!

4. Back To Top    #4

These guys have lots. Take a look or give them a call they are very helpful with stuff like this.

sunplay.com Spa Jets
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    These guys have lots. Take a look or give them a call they are very helpful with stuff like this.

sunplay.com Spa Jets
    Thanks, I didn't see anything on their web site, but perhaps I should give them a call. I ordered an EasyTouch 8 from them a couple weeks ago and they did a nice job on that transaction.

The Balboa 30-4303 nozzle looks similar to the part I have... not exactly the same (mine is tapered on the front where the Balboa seems to be a straight) and it's hard to compare the dimensions with the info I can find, but it just might work for me. Gonna order a few and see.

6. Back To Top    #6

Just a followup for posterity.. the Balboa 30-4303 nozzles ended up being a perfect fit and I now have great bubbles coming from my spa jets again.

7. Back To Top    #7

Woohoo! Thanks for the follow up!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach