Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rear drain options on Sta-Rite S7M120 System:3

1. Back To Top    #1

Rear drain options on Sta-Rite S7M120 System:3

Greetings! I have a Hayward SP0728A valve on the back drain of my filter housing. It's sort of a pain to use and I was wondering if there was better alternative? The one that's in there has a small crack, which has led to a slow drip. If I can replace it with something better, now is the time. Otherwise, I'll order a replacement SP0728A.

Thank you!

Photo of part here -> http://www.inyopools.com/images/pool...12/1/6651C.jpg
    16x34 Oasis IG Liner Pool with Cozy Cove, Sta-Rite s7m120 Mod Media Filter (1 hp), Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro Pump, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm Heater, LED lights, Hayward Goldline Aqua-Rite SWG (T-15 Cell) and TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rear drain options on Sta-Rite S7M120 System:3

I would think that as long as you can find something with a matching thread pattern you're good. Not sure if the size and thread pattern may be a proprietary thing. My Hayward drain looks like a regular hose spigot.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!