Water Problem

Mar 15, 2016
Fort Mill/SC
So I thought for awhile I've had my water pretty well balanced, my pool's been sitting around 66-70, but the last week it's warmed up a bit now at about 76 when testing today. Salt ppm may have gone done and TA and CH maybe up, so wondering if these numbers look ok after a week of basically not doing much at all. I have a few chlorine tablets left in my tube that I've been trying to finish up so I expected the FC to be a bit high.

FC 9.5
PH 7.6
TA 80 turned it very lightly, so maybe its really 85
CH 330
CYA 70

Salt readings really low about 3100, it was at 3500-3600 last week using a meter thing, today I tested it was 2700, but the longer I let it sit in the water it just kept rising and rising till about 3100, then it rose much slower. I've been running our swg about 3 hours a day, no one swimming, no rain recently and no new fill water. I have a "pebbletec" pool, I guessed it to be about 13000 gallons and added about 400 lbs of salt about a week ago...

anything here concerning?

I would say everything looks fine. As for the salt, the test's accuracy is +- 200ppm at best. That means two identical tests could be "off" by 400 ppm and still be considered perfectly accurate. I would stick with one type of test and if strips there is a precise time to leave it in the water, if memory serves 30 seconds then remove and then read result. The packaging should have the dip duration. As long as the cell is producing, you are good. As for running both the cell and tabs, I dont see a reason. Maybe you could save the tabs when you need a little CYA bump or when the cell poops out.

Good luck!

definitely will keep an eye on it, i think there's only 1.5 or 2.5 tabs left in the thing, so I dont suspect it will be a problem, especially since im on the lower end of 70.

Good deal, your on track. I am curious, does your SWG have a salt reading on it? Mine does and I compare it to my K-1766 test kit. the two readings don't always match but the two give me a reading I am confident with

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.