PH Testing while Slamming

Oct 14, 2009
I have been slamming my pool for a few days. Still waiting on clear water. Prior to slamming, I lowered my Ph to 7.4. So, because chlorine is high (12), am I correct that I can't get an accurate PH reading with my Taylor Test Kit? If true, how do I know if my PH is okay during the SLAM?

Thanks!

I have been slamming my pool for a few days. Still waiting on clear water. Prior to slamming, I lowered my Ph to 7.4. So, because chlorine is high (12), am I correct that I can't get an accurate PH reading with my Taylor Test Kit? If true, how do I know if my PH is okay during the SLAM?

Thanks!

My results with high FC...I had very high CYA, kept my FC 12-15 for several months (I would let the FC drop to 8-9 for a day to test pH), at my numbers I did not see any measurable difference in what the pH test showed.

My results with high FC...I had very high CYA, kept my FC 12-15 for several months (I would let the FC drop to 8-9 for a day to test pH), at my numbers I did not see any measurable difference in what the pH test showed.
What you call high is not exactly shock level. Check out the pictures in this thread so you can see why we say not to mess with pH during a SLAM. Accurate pH test during shock levels with R-007?

What you call high is not exactly shock level. Check out the pictures in this thread so you can see why we say not to mess with pH during a SLAM. Accurate pH test during shock levels with R-007?

Yes, you are correct, not intended for during SLAM, but for many with high CYA using higher FC similar to my numbers I believe you still can get a reliable pH test....Thanks for the link, those pictures do tell the story.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.