Pump not working again suspect bad temp control

mellenw

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Pump not working suspect bad temp control. See picture of Penn A19AAF temp control and timer setup. Basic setup..Timer has a toggle switch at bottom that I flip to change speeds on pump (slow during normal operation fast for vacuuming).

I (or rather my electrician friend) installed timer, and new pump about a year ago. The pump quit and tripped the breaker in November. Close examination showed a wire had arced between timer and temp controller so we replaced wires and toggle switch circuit and the pump worked normally.

Now the pump stopped working but did not trip the breaker. This is becoming a chronic problem. Seems to be rain related but does not happen every time it rains.

Electrician friend is out of town for a week so trying to diagnose and line up parts if need. My instinct says replace the temp switch because it is at least 10 years old and made in USA. I think Johnson stopped making them in USA 20 years ago.

What advice can someone out there in TFP land give me? Penn A19AAFs seem to be hard to get. Can someone suggest a substitute?

Attachments

• Penn A19AAF_image_with timer.jpg
    Penn A19AAF_image_with timer.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Penn A19AAF_image_1.jpg
    Penn A19AAF_image_1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.