Plumbing opinions

Apr 30, 2009
Hi All,

Thanks to some great info in previous posts I have come up with this diagram for my new plumbing arrangement (Plumbing in solar and gas heater)

Please let me know if there is anything wrong with this setup.

Thanks

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 160
Hi, Thanks for the reply. And no I have no spa or plan on one at this point.

I would like to just ask your opinion on the solar arrangement as well if I can. I will attach a picture. I am using the smart pool version. I can't fit all the collectors in the same place so I have to use two banks. I was told by them I should T into connections to the collectors in the exact center so that the water reaches both panels at the same time as well as leaving. Does this make sense or would the pressure just cause them to spread out anyways. I have no problem doing this just want to make sure it is the right advice and if it is how deadly accurate my center line should be. Also should I have 2 vacuum breakers as pictured and suggested for installation or put them somewhere else? Thanks again!

Attachments

• solar.JPG
    solar.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 118
That approach is good, but it isn't the only way to do it. The goal is to balance out the flow rates, and there are other ways to do that. Getting it exactly right isn't critical, you can be several feet off and still be fine.

The ideal solution depends on just how the roof is laid out, where it is practical to run pipe, etc. With the minimal information you gave, the solution you have is as good as any. If the roof imposes constraints that make your current solution difficult to install it might be worth exploring other options. If you understand how to lay things out to match your diagram and aren't wasting a lot of pipe, then I would go ahead and do it the way you have it drawn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.