!! Frustrated and needing Help!!

Apr 26, 2016
Western NC
Hey Everyone,
I've been creeping on this site for years now and every issue I've had regarding pool maintenance, someone here had the knowledge to fix it. I've not crossed a problem that I can't find an answer to until now. Perhaps my creeping ability is slipping! So here goes.

On start up last Saturday, my typical green swamp that awaits me every spring was once again here to say, Hello.
I've SLAMMED and got her a nice cloudy blue since yesterday however something appears amiss with my pump OR so I think. I am having LOW FLOW on return and HIGHER PRESSURE on my gauge intermittently. The Husby and I have checked all pipes, connections. No leaks, cracks, nothing that we can see. I can switch to bypass to pool for 30 seconds and go back into filter mode and the flow picks back up to norm. After an hour or so, I'm back to low flow and higher pressure. Pressure gauge typically runs around 13 at happy hour and 18 when I need to back wash.
Am I just being a Negative Nancy and impatient while the sand filter is working overtime and needing to backwash a lot more often or perhaps is something else my issue. I don't recall having this issue last year. Any help, input, advise would be great.

Thanks,
T

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Certainly sounds like the filter is doing its job, especially if the flow is fine on bypass.

Waiting for a pressure of 18psi is really too long. We recommend the backwash at 20-25% over your clean pressure, so that would be around 16psi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.