Bump in wall of brand new liner

boojiw

Jun 14, 2015
Guntersville, AL
liner bump.jpg

Pic is view looking down from above. Only owned pool for about 18 months and had a hole rip by the main drain over the winter that they couldn't fix. Bought new liner and had it professionally installed. All looked good for a couple days as we filled the pool and then this lump started forming. I had the company that installed the liner out and the guy said "it feels like some of the wall foam is just bunching up behind the liner and I shouldn't worry about it". We didn't have any kind of lumps in the old liner nor did I see any areas when they removed the old liner.

The bump feels really jagged to me. There are smaller bumps lower on the wall as well along the same plane.

Is this normal? Can it be fixed after the pool has been filled? Any suggestions on how to approach with the people who did the install?

Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• 20160426_192231.jpg
    20160426_192231.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 73
I would think that bulge/dent in the coping rail might have something to do with it. How did that happen? It could be possible that at that bulge and hole, there is sediment or concrete that has washed behind the liner, causing the lumps.

I would think that bulge/dent in the coping rail might have something to do with it. How did that happen? It could be possible that at that bulge and hole, there is sediment or concrete that has washed behind the liner, causing the lumps.

The hole in the coping I believe was put there by him when he came over to investigate. I don't remember it being there before. Should I just silicone over any gaps I have around the coping or what's the best method for sealing those types of holes/gaps?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.